Saturday, January 21, 2006

Calm Before the Storm

It's 8:30am, Race Day. I've just had a good night's sleep and woken up with a few butterflys in my stomach (I thought that tortellini tasted strange last night...). For reasons unknown, someone tried to call me at half one in the morning. Fortunately for me I had my phone on silent so their diabolical plans of sleep-deprivation failed.

I have spent the past few days doing pretty much the best preparation possible. Paying particular attention to sleeping well, eating correctly, stretching etc...
Official training has gone brilliantly, I brought my personal best yesterday down to 49.97s and have probably been the most consistent slider.


It's looking good but training doesn't mean anything, only the races matter. I've got to keep that pedal to the floor and, as my pal Loc says, push that NOS button when it's time to shine.


Storm's a comin'.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck you ridiculous pantywaist...
Rudetc..

5:53 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, you are our newest olympic hopefull!!!!!!
Congratualtions! Im so proud
K x x

12:12 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Davetron.... Olympic hero
xxm

4:43 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, David, but it looks like you've just qualified for the Olympics! If so, CONGRATULATIONS!

Wow.

I haven't heard any news, but FIBT.com just posted results from the Challenge Cup races and you're co-ranked FIRST PLACE (along with Tyler Botha of South Africa), easily putting you within the top-8 finish needed to qualify for the Olympics.

Can't wait to see your next blog post giving us the news.

Cheers,
- George www.newsliders.com

6:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,
Monday - Wicklow

Congrats well done - said you were #1!.

Proud, Elated, Excited - over the bl--dy moon if you really want to know and that does not sufficiently describe the feelings at No.7.

Can't wait for 17/02 and looking forward to another super performance. See you before then!!

12:32 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mooooooooo!!!

The Ice Cow Cometh!!
Oh Great One

Moo!

10:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home