Monday, January 09, 2006

A Pleasant Surprise

Well, happy new year to everyone who bothers looking at this blog. Haven't put up a post for a while, I was extremely busy over Christmas, eating and sleeping. Had to be done.

To bring you up to speed: During the training week in Konigssee, just before Christmas, I continued to improve and brought
my best time on the track down to 49.99 seconds. That's really really fast. Admittedly the ice was quite quick that day, but it shows I was able to put it to good use. If I can keep sliding like this on race day, I think I'll make it to the Olympics, which would be nice.

After a short week home, I flew out at 7:10am on New Years day to Austria to resume training. We were just there for a few
days but we managed to pack it in. Forerunning for the British Championships, then taking part in the Austrian Championships. I came second in the guest class of the Austrian Champs and netted a rather nice trophy. We weren't expecting any medals or anything, maybe a mars bar and a pat on the back. Then after they'd given the natives their medals they hauled us up and gave us trophies. Sweet.

I didn't have my camera on me at the time so I've drawn what I believe to be an accurate representation of what the ceremony looked like.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go team dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well done davetron
k x x

12:39 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious drawing! Congrats on the race.
- George N

5:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home